Friday, June 8, 2007

And then there were 3

I'm starting this blog under odd circumstances - with the intention to not show anyone for a while.
I'm writing for no one I suppose.
Just myself.
And as something for those of you who do eventually start reading this blog to look back on. To retroactively read about all boring things I thought were interesting enough to blog about.
Yea for you!
And why am I keeping this blog all to myself for the time being?
You just don't broadcast your pregnancy the minute it happens.
You wait.
And wait.
You wait until science tells you that the odds are in your favor that you will carry to term.
And when you're in the same boat as I am right now, 6 weeks pregnant and trying to do the thing that is easiest to live with, you will read a litany of advise on when and how to tell everyone.
But out of all the different theories, timelines, and advice I've read, there is one that makes the most sense to me.
Only tell those you would be willing to tell you had a miscarriage.
If you loose the baby you will have to relive the cruelty of the miscarriage over and over again with each and every person you told you were pregnant. Because you have to untell them.
They say it's a personal choice. When and how you tell your friends, family, and co-workers is up to you and depends on your own personal circumstances.
And Trevor and I have decided that given our tendency to be a very private couple, we are waiting until our odds of miscarriage have dropped dramatically.
And there you go.
So now I am forced to blog to myself.
So I have SOMEONE to talk to about all this.

1 comment:

Michele said...

What am I? Chopped liver?