Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, what did I expect?

We made it through Zach's 8 week check-up reasonably well. The only negative part was when he had to get his routine vaccines and I nearly cried.
Seriously, truly truly awful. And it took a tremendous amount of strength to not hit the nurse administering them.
But as I suspected Zach was a real trouper, only crying a little, then nursing contentedly to sleep. Where he then slept the sleep of the dead until we got home.
We learned that he's right on track with all his milestones, and has grown to 24.5 inches and weighs 14 pounds.
Which my back could have told me.
Still, a little bit of a surprise that he's growing so rapidly. Can hardly believe he's nearly doubled his birth weight. At this rate he should be taller than me by the age of 5.
Trevor found a nifty percentile tracking tool online and has posted about it on his blog. According to the national percentiles, if Zach keeps on his current trend, he should be roughly 3 feet tall at age 2.
That's to my hip.

2 comments:

Island Girl said...

I am very impressed that you didn't cry.. I cried just when Chris got his first shots. It was horrible!!!

Michele said...

Of course that kid is going to be tall, look at you two!